A new blog spot

As you can see, I've switched my blog from Wordpress to Blogger.

In our Web Design class, we are working on creating a custom-designed blog page. If I can figure out the code, and actually get it working, the custom site should be up within the next week or so. For the purpose of the class assignment, Jesh (our instructor) thought that Blogger would be easier to create a custom template than Wordpress and I am apparently the only one in the class working in Wordpress, so I will switch to Blogger.

I have no real loyalties to Wordpress other than I have gotten familiar with it and hate to make changes. Here's a little background: Blogger and Wordpress are the top two free blog sites on the Internet. Blogger is one of the original blog publishing sites and it's purchase by Google in 2003 has greatly expanded it's popularity. Wordpress was first released by Matt Mullenweg (also in 2003) and has since become the most popular blog software in use.

There seemed to be a lot of passionate argument on the Internet (reminds me of the mac vs PC arguments) over which of the two is best. The users of Wordpress are convinced that their blog software is best, while the users of Blogger naturally are convinced theirs is better. I don't know enough to join the discussion myself. But here you can see a chart by Pulsed comparing the two.


My previous blogs can still be found at: http://paulsegsworth.wordpress.com/
And now I'll go back to working on Blogger coding.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Author

See my complete profile

Subscribe to my RSS

Previous Posts

Archive

March 2010 April 2010 November 2010

My previous (Wordpress) blogs can be found here