Great Blogger Designs

As you can see. I've got my new blog design up. It still has some bugs to fix, but it's basically done. In working on it, I looked through a lot of blog sites on the web. I'll share a few with you. I've put together a few Blogspot-only blogs (since I'm now blogging in Blogspot).

It turned out to take longer than I thought. Most of the really creative sites I looked at were attached to someone's homepage. They may be using Blogger or Wordpress software for the blog itself, but it's not easily apparent. Of the sites with either Blogspot or Wordpress as part of their url, the large majority seemed to be Wordpress. I'm not sure whether the majority of really creative blogs are using Wordpress or if that's just the ones I happened to look at.

Most of the blog sites I've seen (whatever the software) are not very creative. They either directly use a template (often without any personalization other than putting their name on it) or tweak a template, ending up with something that still has a "templatey" look. In general, blogs are much less creative than websites; Which is understandable, since blogs are kind of the personal newsletters of the web. But still, it's kind of tiresome to share the same template with thousands (millions?) of other people.

A lot of the very creative blogs, by the way, are from people all over the world, especially, it seems, the far East: China, Indonesia, Philippines. We are really seeing global conversations on a grass-roots level.

Here are a few sites-all in Blogger- that really stand out.










Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Paul, I'm making this comment so I can check if you've designed for the comments section of your blog. Thanks. As you were.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Author

See my complete profile

Subscribe to my RSS

Previous Posts

A new blog spot

Archive

March 2010 April 2010 November 2010

My previous (Wordpress) blogs can be found here